Reach trucks to optimise material handling systems
Reach trucks have started gaining popularity in the country, primarily because of introduction of high rise warehouses and increase influx of e-commerce business.
In today’s challenging world of supply chain and logistics, companies are looking for solutions which can help them to achieve higher productivity to improve efficiency in their current processes. Similar is the case with material handling, which has been evolving changes in last one decade with various technologies being introduced to optimise the material handling systems.
Talking about the breakthrough technology that has transformed the material handling segment, Rahul Sagar, Assistant General Manager – Marketing, Maini Material Movement says, “Reach trucks have started gaining popularity in the country, primarily because of introduction of high rise warehouses and increase influx of e-commerce business. An advanced reach truck can not only help to increase productivity in a warehouse but also impact the overall supply chain process to make it more flexible and customer centric.”
Maini Materials Movement has a strategic alliance with NACCO Material Handling Group, USA to provide the Indian market with an unrivalled range of forklift trucks and material handling equipment from Yale, Europe. Yale has recently launched ‘Next generation Reach Truck’ with next level productivity, delivered through innovation, technology and ergonomic design.
Features of the new reach truck
• Drives productivity: This is achieved through responsive performance, higher travel speeds for long travel distances throughout the warehouse and lower speeds for precise load handling.
• Better ergonomics: Premium Display, more operator comfort and ergonomic controls.
• Low cost of ownership: More fuel efficiency and higher residual values.
• Higher Reliability: Reliability is built into every Yale materials handling product through the use of quality industrial standard components. The latest generation AC motors, vehicle control manager and state-of-the-art controls contribute to increased levels of productivity and uptime.
• Superior serviceability: The new reach truck is designed for fast, simple servicing, reducing downtime and keeping the truck operational.