SIAM Cement BigBloc Construction Technologies Pvt Ltd, a joint venture between Gujarat-based BigBloc Construction Ltd and Thailand’s SCG International Corporation Co., Ltd., has begun commercial production at its first plant in Kheda, Gujarat.

Intending to launch a next-generation walling solution for the Indian market, the joint ventures invested approximately ₹ 65 crore in establishing a 2.5 lakh cubic metre per year capacity project, comprising India’s first AAC Wall Plant in Kheda district near Ahmedabad (Gujarat). The AAC Wall will be sold as ‘ZMARTBUILD WALL by NXTBLOC’. The joint venture company will also manufacture AAC blocks.

On June 10, 2024, the plant was inaugurated in the presence of H.E. Pattarat Hongtong, Ambassador of Thailand to India, a Guest of Honour, Balvantsinh Rajput, Minister of Industries, MSME, Government of Gujarat, Chief Guest, and senior officials from SCG International and BigBloc Construction.

BigBloc Construction formed a strategic joint venture with SCG International of Thailand to establish a cutting-edge production facility for AAC Walls and Blocks in Kheda District, near Ahmedabad (Gujarat). BigBloc Construction owns 52 percent of the joint venture, while SCG International owns the remaining 48 percent. This is the SCG Group’s first investment in India. Established in 1913, SCG is one of the largest cement and building material companies in Thailand and Southeast Asia, with a presence in various verticals such as cement, construction materials, packaging, chemicals, and many others. It has a presence in more than 22 countries and multiple joint ventures with many international companies.

Naresh Saboo, Managing Director, of BigBloc Construction Ltd., says, “This joint venture goes beyond a simple business alliance, fostering a bond between countries and cultures. Construction at the plant began in September 2023, and within a year, production started, setting a remarkable record in India’s AAC industry. Moving forward, SCG and Bigbloc will work together on all building material solutions to strengthen the supply chain in India, leverage each other’s capabilities, and provide exceptional solutions to the construction industry. With approval from both joint venture parties, the project has the potential to expand to 5 lakh cubic meters per year in the second phase.”

AAC blocks and AAC Walls are sustainable and non-toxic building construction materials that are lightweight, soundproof, and fire-resistant. They provide superior build quality and are also eco-friendly and cost-effective when compared to regular bricks.

The joint venture plant in Kheda, Gujarat, would also include India’s first AAC Wall Plant. For the Indian market, the company plans to launch a wide selection of large-format AAC Wall products measuring 8–12 feet by 2 feet in width and 3–8 inches thick. The plant will create 250 jobs, and when fully operational, it is estimated to earn approximately ₹ 100 crore in income each year. The joint venture also aims to share technological and commercial information, encourage mutual growth and cooperation in the construction industry, and introduce cutting-edge building materials to Indian markets.

Abhijit Datta, Head of International Business and Managing Director of SCG International, says, “This collaboration combines SCG’s century-long expertise and advanced technologies with BigBloc’s deep understanding of the local market. We are poised to make a significant impact on India’s construction industry by delivering cost-efficient and sustainable construction solutions. We proudly introduce ‘ZMARTBUILD WALL by NXTBLOC’ – the next generation of world-class walling solutions. This ground-breaking venture is not just about setting new standards; it’s about redefining the construction landscape in India, one wall at a time.”

For more information, visit:

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to personalize your experience. By continuing to visit this website you agree to our Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

QR Code


Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2024 – I-Tech Media Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.