V G Sakthikumar Managing Director, Schwing Stetter India Pvt. Ltd. In an Interview with B2B Purchase.

What are the products and technologies you are planning to display at Excon? 

Schwing Stetter India will be showcasing its latest innovations and launches during the ensuing Excon 2021. They include products like Boom pumps and batching plants (dry mortar plants) in the concreting segment, excavators for the mining segment, and a newer version of HDD for trenchless underground cutting equipment. In addition, we will also launch new items in the road construction category at the EXPO. To be more specific, around 50 products will be at display, and minimum 6 new products/equipment will be launched during the Excon. 

On the technology front, we will be introducing equipment embedded with IOT, telematics, and improved hydraulics in almost all our range of equipment, which will considerably improve performance, productivity, and labour involvement. 

What are the key features of your products and solutions that makes it smarter and greener? 

Schwing Stetter India’s in-house R&D department has made major strides in bringing the latest in technology and advancements to make smarter and greener equipment. A few of them are listed below. 

  • By performing extensive R&D re-engineering on the SLM product, productivity has increased by 10 percent and fuel consumption has decreased by 15 percent, for an overall performance of 25 percent. 
  • In the same SLM equipment, for operator easiness and reduced operator fatigue, we have introduced soft controls for all joy sticks.
  • Our stationery and boom pumps’ performance has been upgraded with the introduction of twin hydraulic circuits, which reduces the pulsation. 
  • In our 10 cubic metre truck mixers, we have re-designed the drum configuration to increase the water line volume by an additional 1 cubic meter, leading to higher loading capacity. 

Please share what makes your products the most preferred in the segment. 

Product reliability with German technology, unparalleled after-sales support, pan-India presence, global presence, the only company with a one-stop solution for a complete concreting and construction and mining equipment range. Schwing Stetter products are constantly upgraded with the latest technologies through its in-house R & D department.

Tell us about the most recent technologies and solutions you’ve implemented. How is your organisation responding to the changing client requirements? 

The pandemic has made the customers realise the necessity of automated operations and equipment, which necessitates using less or no human intervention. With this in mind, Schwing Stetter India has unveiled a slew of the latest equipment with IOT, Remote Fleet Management System, and Telematics for automated operation. Remote monitoring of the equipment in the field with real-time data analysis.

Looking at the market opportunities and the push towards infrastructural development, how do you have to encash the opportunities? 

Schwing Stetter India is now the leader among the Schwing Group of companies globally. The market potential domestically, which will be mostly realised through the NIP and the Gati Shakti projects unveiled in the recent budget, is going to be a driver for the CE industry. Schwing Stetter India has added its gem of a facility, the Global Manufacturing Hub at Cheyyar, near Kanchipuram in Tamil Nadu, anticipating this growth. This facility, along with the existing four, will serve both the domestic market and the global needs of Schwing Companies.

What are your projections for the construction and mining equipment in India? 

As a one-stop solution provider for the entire range of CE, Schwing Stetter offers a wide range of construction and mining equipment through its partner XCMG. While Schwing is the market leader in concreting equipment, our goal is to capture at least 25 percent of the market share in construction and mining. This target will be substantiated by a slew of launches in the categories of excavators, motor graders, and wheel loaders for mining applications and the latest range of compactors, piling rigs, and mobile cranes for the construction segment. 

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to personalize your experience. By continuing to visit this website you agree to our Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

QR Code


Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2024 – I-Tech Media Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.